Thursday, June 6, 2013

Remember Your Lies and Cover Them Well

The Writers of the Bible Should Have Paid Closer Attention:

Three Cheers for the Persistent Inconsistency of God, Part I

     Are there problems within the Bible of God saying or doing one thing, and then a bit further down the line saying or doing another thing? Yes. There are plenty of examples of this and here are a few for you to consider.

Psalm 136:1 says, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever."
     Okay. Here we are off to a good start. The Lord is good and it would appear that His love is equally good. Now, the next verse:
Job 16:9 says, "God assails me and tears me in His anger and gnashes His teeth at me; my opponent fastens on me his piercing eyes."
     Somehow, God's enduring love has taken a turn for the worse. Not only has Job done absolutely nothing that is even remotely worthy of what God is doing to him, but God is doing it all in an effort to prove to Satan how loyal Job is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgZqnsytJI
     

I Peter 3:8 says, "Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble."
     This certainly sounds wonderful, right? Being sympathetic and compassionate towards one another is a great way to live and to contribute positively to humanity and the life and the world around you. Now, the next verse:
John 12:25 says, "He who loves his life will lose it. He who hates his life in this world will keep it to eternal life."
     But...what they hell happened to loving one another and being compassionate and all that stuff? Why WOULDN'T I love my life? Besides, if a person does not love their life they do not respect their life. If they do not respect and love their life they cannot know how to show compassion to themselves or others. 
     So, again, tell me why in the hell I would want to HATE my life? Why? What does that accomplish for anyone? Hating is a bad thing so tell me how hating myself and my life accomplishes anything of value. Be specific and use common goddamn sense and none of that absurd happy-Christian-eager-to-grovel-before-God-and-hate-themselves bullshit.
     Well, if you have any doubt about what injecting hate into your life can do...here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8TQXG9dZHM

Psalm 112:5 says, "Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice."
     Soooo...you're saying money is good so long as generosity is practiced and so long as justice is a part of those generous exchanges of money. Okay. Gotcha. Now, the next verse:
I Timothy 6:10 says, "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."
     Hold on a minute here...if money is good so long as there is generosity and justice within such an exchange, then it is impossible that money would be the root of all evil. That makes no goddamn sense whatsoever. It must be either one way or the other and you cannot have it both ways. 
     Wait. I KNOW what you meant. So long as the money is for GOD it is good. If it has anything to do with anything else it is the root of all evil. I was wondering about that considering the assertion that money is supposed to be the root of all evil but all of these television preachers and pastors consistently beg their congregations for money. It really makes you wonder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRirh4zTwig&list=PL3DCFD370CA6DBE58

Exodus 20:13 says, "You shall not kill."
     This is not in the least bit difficult to understand. Now, onto the next verse:
Exodus 32:27 says, "Then he said to them, "This is what the Lord, the God of Israel says. Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor."
     Soooo...what the HELL happened to the directive, "Thou shalt not kill," that God gave, what, twelve chapters back? Oh, my bad. That is right! I totally forgot that God does allow for instances where He orders people to break His own laws when He thinks it is appropriate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWS0ePXeq24

I Corinthians 16:2 says, "On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made."
     Alright. Just to make sure I understand this correctly I should set aside a certain amount from my earnings for the week so that it will be ready for the proper church representative to take possession when it comes to that time. Okay. Gotcha. Next verse:
Matthew 6:19 says, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal."
     Okay, you need to get your head on straight. Do you or do you not want me saving this money for God? You tell me to save it and then you tell me not to store up treasures here on earth, so, what the hell? Oh! Oh, oh, oh...THAT is what you meant. I see...it is okay to store up treasures so long as they are not for me but are for God. Gotcha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBuDK7bQB-4

Philippians 4:7 says, "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
     Peace? Great! Sweet! I'll have some of that because everyone knows that peace is a very GOOD thing! And how can there be peace without God, right? Yay, God! He gives us peace. Now, onto the next verse:
I Chronicles 5:22 says, "...For many fell, because the war was of God. And they settled in their place until the exile."
     But...I thought...I mean, where did the peace of God that transcends everything go? Is the difference that one verse is in the New Testament while the other is in the Old Testament? Is that what it is? I thought God never changes and if that is so then the New Testament assertion of the mighty and transcending peace of God should still be the same in the Old Testament as well, right?
     Ohhh...I get it. God allows war so that people will choose Him over all the bad things in life. Gotcha. War is allowed by God so that people will turn to Him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAY9Wj1T0Eg

Joshua 1:9 says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
     I like that. I do not have to fear because God will be with me wherever I go. Onto the next verse:
Matthew 9:8 says, "But when the multitudes saw it, they were afraid, and glorified God who had given such authority unto men."
     So, do I not fear because God is with me, or do I not fear because God is with me because I fear Him and know what He can do if He so pleases? Are you saying that as long as I am afraid of God I do not have to be afraid of other people? Is that it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LksVbHxLRvY


No comments:

Post a Comment